Annoyed with her six-year-old son for stealing Rs 5 to buy corn puffs, a woman allegedly set him ablaze in Bikaner, police said on Monday.
The boy sustained burn injuries and is being treated at the PBM government hospital, police said.
“Primary investigation reveals that Rukhsana saw her son Sahil stealing Rs 5 from a box without telling her on Monday. Annoyed over the act, she set him ablaze. Other family members rescued him and rushed to the hospital,” Investigating Officer Hanumana Ram said.
- Uttar Pradesh: Undertrial found with 50% burns in Orai prison, inquiry ordered
- Delhi: Former IAF pilot’s wife alleges cruelty
- Man set himself ablaze near Trombay police chowky in Jan: Three held for abetting suicide
- Bikaner man beaten, found dead: Victim’s father says he alerted woman’s family, wanted affair to end
- In Kerala’s Thrissur, woman set on fire by husband in public, succumbs to burns
- Seer who set himself on fire in Ayodhya over police inaction dies
An FIR was registered against the woman last night with Naya Shahar police station.
No arrest could be made so far in this connection, he added.