July 5, 2014 2:14:56 pm
A two-and-a-half year old boy died, allegedly due to suffocation after he accidentally locked himself in a car in busy New Market area in Bhopal, a police official said on Saturday.
The incident took place on Friday when the kid identified as Atishay Jain, son of a local garment trader was playing in the shop and later took the keys of a car quietly and went inside the vehicle to play, his grandfather Kamal Jain told reporters.
Soon after the child entered inside, the car got locked and the windows remained closed causing suffocation, a sub inspector said.
After nearly two hours when his mother came down searching for him to the shop on the ground floor, the child was found lying unconscious inside the car.
Subsequently, the vehicle was opened with a duplicate key and he was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Later in the day, the family buried his body without conducting an autopsy but today police exhumed it and sent it for post-mortem, the SI added.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.