HRD Minister Arjun Singh favoured a judicial inquiry into the Batla House gun battle in which two suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists were killed by Delhi Police.
“In democracies,it is always better to make things clear,” Singh told reporters when asked about his opinion on the shootout.
To a question whether a judicial probe into the incident,as has been demanded by many quarters,would help in making it clear,Singh replied,”why not”.
Singh also indicated that even the Prime Minister was thinking over the issue. He said that “as far as I understand,even the Prime Minister is thinking over this issue.”
He,however,declined to elaborate about his talks between him and the Prime Minister on the issue saying “this is something privileged”.
Two militants of the ‘Indian Mujahideen’ allegedly involved in the serial blasts in September 13 Delhi serial blasts were killed in the shootout at the Jamia Nagar locality,in which a police inspector was also killed.
Several quarters,including Samajwadi Party and Jamia Milia Islamia University- where some of the suspects were enrolled – had already demanded a judicial probe in the incident.