The High Court at Hyderabad on Friday directed Andhra Pradesh Police to submit the case diary relating to the alleged encounter on April 7 in which 20 persons were killed in Seshachalam forest.
- Sohrabuddin ‘fake encounter’ case: From July 4, hearing on pleas against discharge of accused
- Bombay High Court to traffic police: Submit report on steps taken to resolve pedestrians’ woes
- Sohrabuddin case: Court directs CBI to find status of interim stay granted to IPS officer
- Set up team to probe 17 encounters: NHRC to UP govt
- Ishrat Jahan encounter: Seeking discharge, accused ex-SP calls CBI probe ‘false, funny, dirty’
- Tirupati killings: Hyderabad HC asks Andhra Pradesh police to furnish case diary
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Kalyan Jyoti Sengupta and Justice P V Sanjay Kumar directed the investigating officer to submit the case diary on April 28. The court also asked AP Additional Advocate General Dammalapati Srinivas over the progress of the investigation and demanded to know whether anyone had been questioned or arrested after the FIR was registered against the police personnel involved in the shooting. The AAG stated that a SIT has been formed which will start the process soon.