Days after the call data records were made available to the accused in the July 11,2006,serial train blasts case,the prosecution on Monday pointed out that two accused had been in touch at least since February. The prosecution is making use of the evidence that were made available after the defence sought access to them on the Bombay High Courts permission.
The prosecution has claimed that the two accused exchanged at least five calls in February and May 2006.
The defence has maintained that none of the accused knew each other and that they have been wrongly implicated.
Calling the prosecutions move as inconsequential,defence lawyer Sharif Shaikh said: This piece of evidence was discarded by the prosecution and now they are looking at the possibility of using it against the accused. While the prosecution did not believe the CDRs were of any consequence,exhibiting it before the court now will not help the prosecution.
The CDRs were made available to the defence after a series of applications. In 2012,the 13 accused had sought the production of the CDRs by the state ATS as it was used to secure their remand.
The ATS claimed that the records were deleted as none of CDRs were relied upon by the prosecution for the chargesheet. The HC then directed the trial court to examine if these could be recovered with the help of the service providers.
Man kills wife,hangs self
A 41-year-old man allegedly murdered his 33-year-old wife in Ulhasnagar late Sunday before killing himself,police said.
Police said Nanaji Sonawane strangled his wife Sangamitra in their home in Om Shivam Complex before hanging himself. Their sons,Samrudhh,9 and Saksham 6,were asleep and discovered bodies when they woke up Monday,police said. The children informed their neighbours,who then called the police.
Nanaji owned an animation firm,but had to shut it down due to lack of funds. He had been a vegetable vendor since then. He left behind a note in which he apologised for his actions but did not specify a reason, assistant inspector S S Patil said.