Updated: April 9, 2014 2:36:47 pm
Patna: Altogether 150 students fell ill on Wednesday after eating mid-day meals at two schools in two districts of Bihar,barely a fortnight after 23 students died in Saran district from contaminated food served to them.
Altogether 55 students of a government middle school fell ill after complaining of uneasiness after the mid-day meal provided by an NGO at Kalyuga village in Jamui district,police sources said.
They were admitted to the Jhajha referral hospital,sources said.
District Magistrate S K Tiwari and Superintendent of Police Jitendra Rana who visited the students in hospital said that their condition was stable. Samples of the meal were collected by the police.
In Arwal district,95 students of the Chamandi primary school fell ill after the meal and were taken to the Kurtha Health Centre,official sources said.
The students were administered saline and discharged in the evening.
“We have sought reports from the district administrations,” said R Lakshamanan,Director,mid-day Meal scheme.
On July 16,as many as 23 students died after eating poisonous mid-day meals in a primary school at Dharmasati Gandaman village at Chapra in Saran district.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.