scorecardresearch
Saturday, Sep 24, 2022
Premium

8-year-old dies after drinking cola, 3 siblings hospitalised

According to the police, Anjapuli from Seplanatham near Neyveli bought two 500 ml bottles of the cola from a neighbourhood shop on Sunday night.

An eight-year-old girl died after she consumed a popular aerated soft drink on Sunday night in Cuddalore district. 

Three of her siblings were admitted to hospital. Their condition is stated to be stable.

According to the police, Anjapuli from Seplanatham near Neyveli bought two 500 ml bottles of the cola from a neighbourhood shop on Sunday night.

Anjapuli, his wife and four children — Lalitha, 10, Abirami, 8, Kausalya, 6, and Paramasivam, 2 — drank it during dinner. 

Subscriber Only Stories
Giorgia Meloni could be the first woman to lead Italy. Not all women are ...Premium
UPSC Essentials: Weekly news express with MCQs — EWS to Modi-Putin meetPremium
Swati Ganguly’s Tagore’s University: A History of Visva-Bharati (19...Premium
A cool and breezy Carnatic Summer is helping Chennai reset and rehabPremium

At around 10 pm, the children began throwing up. They were first taken to a primary health centre and then shifted to the government general hospital in Cuddalore, where Aburami died.

The local police have registered a case and sealed the shop that sold the soft drink that the family had consumed. Samples have been sent to a laboratory for testing as authorities are investigating further.

First published on: 11-02-2014 at 01:37:38 am
Next Story

Mercury rises in sochi

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement