A 25-year-old woman was arrested on Thursday for allegedly killing her 32-year-old husband with a machete, which police said she used to inflict multiple wounds on his body including slitting his throat.
Kority alias Biaki and her husband Ram Mohan lived in Mualthuam village near Kawrthah town in Mizoram’s Mamit District.
The couple left their home to their farm on Wednesday without having had a meal and got into a quarrel in their hut, police said, adding it remained unclear what exactly caused Kority to attack her husband.
- Three arrested in Sambhal gangrape case
- Karnataka: Wife lay dead for days, paralysed man dies of starvation
- Delhi: Pregnant woman found hanging, husband arrested
- Odisha woman dies of burns, kin allege dowry killing
- Given instant talaq, UP woman dies after being ‘locked up, starved’ by husband
- Faridabad: Woman, two others arrested for murdering her husband and father-in-law
The couple has had a stormy relationship for some time.
She claimed during interrogation that her husband had tried to strangle her and that she retaliated with the machete.
Police at Kawrthah arrested Kority on Thursday morning after getting reports of the homicide.
Her husband’s body has been sent for post-mortem and the accused is scheduled to be presented before a court on Friday.