The Centre Saturday directed NDRF to move forces to Manipur immediately for rescue and relief operations in landslide-affected areas where at least 20 people have lost their lives.
- Kerala rain toll rises to 29, Rajnath Singh assures CM help
- Heavy rainfall leaves thousands homeless in Northeast, Tripura CM Biplab Deb seeks Army help
- Manipur: Congress to petition Centre to protect state’s integrity, withdraw Citizenship Bill
- Kiren Rijiju on blockade: Okram Ibobi govt cannot escape responsibility
- Northeast earthquake: New Delhi rushes in 83 rescuers, doctors on way
- 9 killed, over 100 injured as strong quake hits North-East
Home Minister Rajnath Singh has spoken to Manipur CM Okram Ibobi Singh over phone and assured him all assistance to deal with the situation arising out of the landslides in Chandel district.
“We have directed the NDRF to immediately move forces to Manipur. They will start their work early morning tomorrow,” MoS, Home Affairs, Kiren Rijiju said. Rijiju is expected to visit Manipur on Monday to take stock of the situation there.