scorecardresearch
Friday, Feb 03, 2023
Advertisement

10 hospitalised after inhaling toxic gas

The entire factory and the nearby premises have been evacuated.

At least 10 persons were on Tuesday hospitalised after inhaling poisonous Ammonia gas which leaked from a tanker in a cold storage room of a company in neighbouring Navi Mumbai,police said.

The gas appeared to have leaked from a tanker and the workers inside the R Naik Company that deals in sea products in Taloja and the villagers living adjacent to it suffered breathing problems,Deputy Commissioner of Police A Shinde said.

Ten persons,including the workers and the villagers,have been rushed to nearby hospitals,he said,adding fire brigade and chemical analyst experts are trying to ascertain the source of leakage.

Preliminary investigation is underway and,if required,a case of negligence will be registered against the persons concerned,he said.

Subscriber Only Stories
UPSC Key- February 3, 2023: Learn about Coastal Regulation Zone, Follow-o...
JCB Prize for Literature 2022-winning translator Baran Farooqi on growing...
Delhi Confidential: Meet, greet and part in Parliament
In Jamtara, old panchayat buildings turned into libraries and study circl...

The entire factory and the nearby premises have been evacuated.

First published on: 23-11-2010 at 11:03 IST
Next Story

India finally win against New Zealand to wrap up Test series 1-0

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
close