- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: India need four wickets to win
- Kerala floods LIVE: All affected tracks restored, says Indian Railway; normal rail traffic to begin from today
- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Highlights: India add five medals to tally with one gold
The Janata Dal (United) on Tuesday alleged that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is indulging in unwarranted politics in the name of yoga and dubbed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders as ‘masters of event management’.
JD(U) leader Sanjay Singh, who was commenting on the International Yoga Day celebrations across the world, accused the ruling dispensation of wasting a lot of money from the public exchequer on the occasion.
“The world has been celebrating yoga from a long time, but the Bharatiya Janata Party leaders and Prime Minister Narendra Modi are branding it. They (BJP) are masters of event management. Crores of money is being spent on this,” Singh said.
- This is what Rahul Gandhi said when asked about his plan to marry
- Delhi Confidential: Waiting for signals
- JDU skips Yoga Day, BJP says don’t see through political prism
- International Yoga Day 2018: PM Modi calls yoga a ‘unifying force,’ Nitish Kumar skips event
- Nitish Kumar’s JDU again skips International Yoga Day celebrations: ‘We never display yoga in public’
- International Yoga Day 2018 highlights: Yoga transcends religion, politics, says VP Venkaiah Naidu
“The people took the initiative of cleanliness after the launch of ‘Swachhta Abhiyan’, but it stopped after some time. Likewise, money is being wasted on this occasion,” he said.
Escalating his attack on the Centre, the JD(U) leader said even his party members’ practice yoga, but they don’t show-off.
“The BJP has made it a den of politics… our Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has strictly said that he would participate in the International Yoga Day celebrations if the Prime Minister implements complete ban on alcohol in the nation. Definitely, politics is being played in the name of yoga and it will not continue for long,” he added.
Taking a jibe at PM Modi, the Bihar Chief Minister had earlier on Sunday said if the former is so serious about yoga then he should ban liquor at least in all the BJP-ruled states.
“Yoga’s fist principle is to abstain from consumption of liquor, so if you (government) are so serious about yoga, then Prime Minister Modi should ban liquor at least in all the BJP ruled states,” he said while addressing a rally in Bihar’s Palamu.
The second International Day of Yoga is being celebrated across the globe today. The theme for this year is ‘Connect the Youth’.
The main event in India was held at the Capitol Complex in Chandigarh which witnessed the participation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Punjab and Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki, Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal and his Haryana counterpart Manohar Lal Khattar besides others.
Over 190 countries, including 40 Islamic nations, supported the move to have a special day for yoga.