Two private security guards at Bengaluru’s Cubbon Park have been arrested by the city police after they were accused of gangrape by a 35-year-old-woman.
The alleged incident came to light when a policeman spotted the woman in the park at around 10 pm on Wednesday. On being asked why she was there, the woman reportedly told the police that she had been raped by two security guards.
The woman, who hails from Tumkur — about 60 km from Bengaluru, reportedly told the police that she had gone to the tennis club in the park Wednesday but was told to return the next day.
- Businessman held for ‘raping’ domestic help
- Delhi: Trial court reprimands police over probe in NRI ‘rape’ case
- Delhi: Nine-year-old with learning disability raped, accused held
- Hamirpur: Sub-inspector held for raping, blackmailing widow
- Hyderabad: Ward boy rapes domestic violence victim in hospital, held
- Surat rape-murder case: Accused killed 11-year-old’s mother first, say Gujarat Police
She reportedly told the police that she had decided to wait in the parking area of the club.
“At around 9.30 pm, two private security guards of the park saw her and asked her to leave. They then told her that they would show her the exit gate, but instead took her to a place inside the park near Siddalingaiah circle and allegedly raped her. Both the security guards, who hail from Assam, have been arrested,’’ the police at Cubbon Park said. The names of the guards have not been revealed.
“A case has been registered under section 376 of the Indian Penal Code. We will summon the security agency and enquire whether background checks of the two guards had been conducted,’’ Deputy Commissioner of Police (central) Sandeep Patil said.