Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed US Congress on Wednesday. He spoke on issues ranging from climate change to terrorism, defence and security cooperation to trade and economic relationship. PM Modi was invited to Capitol Hill by House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan.
PM Modi, during his speech, praised US for being world’s oldest democracy and said “this temple of democracy has encouraged and empowered other democracies the world over.”
- Karnataka elections saw PM Narendra Modi at his fiery best: A recap
- Karnataka polls: Rahul Gandhi’s claim to PM chair an insult to democracy, says Narendra Modi
- Congress thinks PM’s seat is reserved for just one dynasty: Narendra Modi
- Karnataka election 2018: PM Modi dispels possibility of hung verdict, affirms BJP will form majority govt
- Raman Singh equates PM’s speech with Vivekananda’s Chicago address
- Twitter reaction to PM Modi’s address at Capitol Hill
He then went on and compared India, world’s largest democracy, with United States and said that founding fathers of both the counties stood for ‘equality for all’.
Watch the video here:
PM Modi was given standing ovation by the Congress after the end of his speech.