An unidentified woman pilgrim, bound to Vaishno Devi shrine, died in the Katra town of Reasi district after apparently suffering a heart attack.
A female pilgrim, aged around 45 years, fell unconscious yesterday in the Lambikeri area when she was on her way to the Bhawan.
Police said other pilgrims who were on their way to the Bhawan took her to a nearby dispensary where doctors declared her brought dead.
- Vaishno Devi yatra resumes as choppers brought in to douse forest fire
- Over 6.83 lakh pilgrims visited Vaishno Devi shrine in 2017
- Jammu: Elderly woman en route to Vaishno Devi dies of heart attack
- Vaishno Devi pilgrim from Maharashtra dies due to heart attack
- Two pilgrims die of heart attack in Vaishno Devi
- Two Vaishnodevi pilgrims die of heart attack
The apparent cause of the death seems to be heart attack, they said, adding the body has been shifted to a hospital in Katra for post-mortem and identification.
A case has been registered and investigation is initiated, they said.