A local court on Saturday rejected the bail plea of Uttarakhand BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi, who was sent to 14 days’ judicial custody on Friday, for allegedly attacking and fatally injuring police horse ‘Shaktiman’ during a protest mach here.
Joshi’s bail application was rejected by Judicial Magistrate Akram Ali, Defence Counsel R S Raghav said.
Booked initially under Cruelty to Animals Act, several non-bailable sections of IPC were also slapped against the BJP MLA from Mussoorie in the course of investigations, he said.
- Muzaffarnagar riots case: Non-bailable warrants against Balyan, Sadhvi Prachi
- Bhagalpur clashes: Court rejects Arijit Shashwat’s bail plea
- Hit and run: Denied bail by SC, accused surrenders in Chandigarh district court
- How Meghalaya policemen blocked bail of ‘GNLA chief’ not arrested
- Shaktiman, police horse injured at BJP rally in Dehradun, dead
- Shaktiman case: BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi granted bail
Non-bailable offences which Joshi has been charged with include stopping government officials from discharging their duties, he said.
Raghav said a bail petition on behalf of Joshi will be filed in the sessions court on Monday.
Joshi is currently lodged at Shuddhowala jail here.