THE LUCKNOW Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) on Thursday presented the detailed project reports (DPRs) of Meerut and Agra Metro Rail projects to the state government.
LMRC Managing Director Kumar Keshav, along with Rites Limited Group General Manager Piyush Kansal presented the DPR to Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan.
According to the DPRs, civil work may commence in Meerut by March, 2017 with March 2022 as the deadline for its completion. Civil work on priority section of Agra — 11-km stretch from Taj East Gate to ISBT — may begin from June, 2017 and complete by June, 2022. “The state government will now shortly approve the DPRs for Agra and Meerut Metro Rail projects,” Ranjan said In a statement.
- Ahmedabad Metro Rail: After Centre objects, Metro rail link to GIFT City shortened by 6 km
- Heartburn in Delhi govt as GST bumps up its share in Metro phase 4 by Rs 1,200 crore
- Kochi Metro’s second-phase extension gets state cabinet nod
- Lucknow: Metro Rail opens to public on Wednesday
- Lucknow Metro gets technical clearance
- Metro project stuck again as govt delays inviting offers from developers
The state government had tasked the LMRC to coordinate the preparation of DPRs for Metro in four cities — Kanpur, Varanasi, Meerut and Agra. The Agra and Meerut development authorities were the nodal agencies for the preparation of the DPRs. Central undertaking Rites, which has been engaged to prepare the DPRs, had started work in this regard in February, 2015.
The total estimated cost for the projects in Agra and Meerut stands at Rs 10, 830 crore and Rs 11, 544 crore, respectively. These have been envisaged to be undertaken as a joint venture between the Centre and the state with 50:50 equity partnership.