Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Friday defended NIA’s move to drop charges against several accused in the Malegaon blast case and added that there was no interference in the investigation.
“Justice should prevail. There should be no interference in handling such cases. Our government has allowed agencies to work independently,” he said.
- British man accused of killing RSS leaders in Punjab have to face law: India to UK
- 2008 Malegaon blast case: Trial to be conducted by new judge
- CJI Dipak Misra impeachment: Kiren Rijiju targets Congress, says it doesn’t trust India and its institutions
- All acquitted in 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case: NIA loses another right-wing terror case
- 2008 Malegaon blast: UPA probe plan to create communal divide, says Rijiju
- Malegaon blast: Modi govt trying to save people involved in terror, says Congress
He said the previous UPA government had provoked certain sections by coining the slogan of ‘Hindu terror’. “The UPA pressured agencies in their time. For their own benefit, they coined the term ‘Hindu terrorism’,” he said.
The BJP, too, welcomed the NIA’s decision to drop all charges against Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and five others in the case. “I was of the opinion from day one that Thakur and others had been framed,” said party MP Meenakshi Lekhi.
RSS leader Indresh Kumar alleged that the UPA government had hatched a conspiracy to target Hindutva groups.