Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced a financial assistance of Rs 20 lakh each to the kin of five CRPF jawans hailing from Uttar Pradesh, who were killed in an ambush by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir.
“The Chief Minister has announced all possible help to the family members of the CRPF jawans killed in terrorist attack in Pampore district and said the country salutes their martyrdom,” an official spokesman said here.
- Death of a jawan
- Terrorism almost finished during Cong rule in Kashmir, it has increased in last two years: Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Eight CRPF men killed in Pampore attack, Lashkar-e-Toiba claims credit
- Pampore attack: PM Modi expresses pain over deaths, salutes martyrs’ courage
- Pampore ambush: At least 8 CRPF jawans killed after militants attack convoy
- Srinagar attack: Slain CRPF jawan’s family starts row,targets Akhilesh Yadav
Eight jawans were killed when two terrorists attacked CRPF convoy in Pampore district on June 25.
Five of the slain jawans – Kailash Kumar Yadav (Unnao), Sanjay Kumar (Jaunpur), Veer Singh (Firozabad), Satish Chandra (Meerut), and Rajesh Kumar (Allahabad) – hailed from the state.