- Oppo F9 Pro launch in India highlights: Oppo F9 priced at Rs 19,990; Oppo F9 Pro at Rs 23,990
- Kerala floods LIVE: All affected tracks restored, says Indian Railway; normal rail traffic to begin from today
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: 100-run stand for Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes makes India toil
Feeling “humiliated” after cancellation of its merger with Samajwadi Party, Quami Ekta Dal (QED) leader Afzal Ansari on Tueday blamed Uttar Pradesh Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav for calling it off because of “ego” and for his own “branding”.
“CM Akhilesh is responsible for cancellation of the merger. He (Akhilesh) has hijacked the party and with his ego, positive attempts of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and his brother Shivpal has no meaning,” Ansari said.
“I am feeling humiliated and hurt due to the decision. Even Mulayam and Shivpal and many leaders of the party in eastern UP are not happy with the decision of calling off the merger,” he said.
- Mukhtar Ansari, brother in touch with BSP: Ambika Chaudhary
- Uttar Pradesh: Two months later, SP likely to embrace QED again
- CM Akhilesh Yadav like Duryodhan but Shivpal like Hanuman: QED leader Afzal Ansari
- Akhilesh expands cabinet: Shivpal skips oath-taking ceremony, then says no place for criminals in SP
- Reversing merger with QED and cabinet reshuffle: Akhilesh’s image makeover exercise
- Merger that ‘upset’ CM was Mulayam’s idea: QED leader
Announcing QED’s decision to field candidates in 44 seats in 18 districts of eastern UP for Assembly elections in 2017, Ansari said his party would show SP its “real place”.
“We are also not averse to tie up with like-minded parties in western UP for fielding candidates,” he said.
Taking potshots at SP, Ansari said,” In the recently held Rajya Sabha polls, the party had not applied its mind before taking votes of QED MLAs Sigbatullaha Ansari and Mukhtar Ansari, but soon after it they started seeing Mukhtar as mafia.”
QED had merged with SP on June 21 and, on the same day, Akhilesh had sacked cabinet minister Balram Yadav for reportedly facilitating the controversial merger.
Later, SP parliamentary board cancelled the merger and revoked the expulsion of the minister from the cabinet. He has since been re-inducted.