A 24-year-old man, accused of theft, was tied to a pillar and beaten up by six policemen at Kotwali police station following which three of them were suspended.
Neeraj, a resident of Bilgram Chungi, had reportedly entered into a tiff with another inmate Thursday, police said.
- Bitcoin extortion case: ‘In cover-up bid, SP visited victim’s friend to reach a compromise’
- Uttar Pradesh: Cops drag thief down a hospital corridor in Moradabad, suspended
- Bihar: Mob throws murder accused, policeman off first-floor balcony
- Tulsiram Prajapati’s ex-jail inmate, two others turn hostile
- Hapur lynching: UP police say sorry after photo of victim being dragged goes viral
- Delhi: Caretaker kills inmate at de-addiction centre
The policemen on duty lost their cool and, after tying him up with a pillar, beat him up. The “atrocity” on the victim stopped after the policemen learnt that their action had been filmed by an onlooker.
SP Umesh Kumar Singh said that among the six policemen in the video, three have been suspended and dismissal of three others has been recommended. The man, meanwhile, got bail from the SDM court and was released Friday, the SP added.