- RRB Group D admit card: Websites operational, download e-call letter for September 18, 19 and 20 exams
- Asia Cup 2018 Schedule, Fixtures, Teams, Time Table, Match Date and Time, Venue: Full schedule of Asia Cup
- RRB Group D 2018: Exam date, city, schedule for CBT starting after October 16 expected to release today, websites to check
A 60-year-old woman was stripped and tortured in a village under Tikonia Kotwali limits on Monday afternoon after her son ‘ran away’ with a girl, police said.
The woman’s face was blackened and chilly powder allegedly thrown in her private parts to ‘punish’ her, they said.
It was only when her husband ran to the villagers for help, the woman was rescued and police informed.
- Mumbra: Body found in drain
- Mumbai: Police rescue minor girl forced to marry 19-year-old man
- Rohtak killings: He keeps saying, ‘get me out of here, want to see her one last time’, says Dalit youth’s kin
- Meerut: Woman killed for ‘marrying against family’s wishes’
- Law graduate ‘jumps to death’ in college
- Nagpur: Woman ‘stripped, beaten up by relatives over dispute’
Kheri SP Akhilesh Chaurasia said the son of the aggrieved woman had eloped with a girl from the accused family on Sunday which became a matter of dispute between them.
Both the families belong to the same village.
Chaurasia said an FIR has been lodged against five persons, including four women, who are absconding.