Three persons, including a 13-year-old boy, were killed and as many were injured when two motorcycles collided head-on in Rasulabad area in the Kanpur Dehat district, police said.
The accident took place in the evening of June 19 when Arun (20), a Rasulabad resident, was going on a motorcycle with his friends Brajesh (13) and Kallu (18). Their bike collided near Yadavnagar village with another speeding motorcycle on which B P Singh (18), Deepak (25) and Amit were traveling, they said.
- Meerut clash: Dalits, Thakurs trade charges on who started fight; three arrested
- Man killed in UP encounter, 63rd since BJP came to power
- Chandigarh: Two men killed in separate accidents
- UP: Nine killed in tempo-truck collision in Chitrakoot district
- Kolkata: Biker dies in mishap, pillion rider seriously injured
- JJ flyover accident: 19-year-old dead, three injured in mishap
Due to the impact of the collision, six pillion riders fell off from the bike leaving them injured.
Police reached the spot and rushed the injured to hospital where Brajesh, Arun and Amit were declared dead. The three others who were critically injured have been sent to the district hospital.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem.