Stepping up its protest against the attack on the convoy of two Union Ministers at Bargarh in Odisha allegedly by BJD workers, BJP Sunday decided to stage demonstration in all 314 blocks across the state on June 29.
Senior BJP leaders held two rounds of marathon meetings here to chalk out the strategies of the protest and also decided to hold a demonstration near Raj Bhavan on July 4.
“Besides holding demonstration at all blocks and in front of the Raj Bhavan, a party delegation will also meet the President to apprise him about the violence perpetrated by BJD workers at Bargarh,” BJP leader Bijay Mohapatra said.
- Targeting 120 Assembly seats, Amit Shah reviews BJP’s poll preparations in Odisha
- Amit Shah holds poll strategy talks with Odisha BJP leaders
- In Odisha, Congress old guard opposes Youth Congress protest against Amit Shah
- How Mahanadi river dispute became BJP v BJP in two states
- Mahanadi water war: BJP’s Dharmendra Pradhan slams BJP’s Raman Singh
- BJP demonstrates against Naveen Patnaik govt over recent attacks on union ministers
BJP MLA Pradip Purohit said party workers and leaders would go to the people and make them aware of the state of affairs and the “collapse of law and order machinery” in the state.
People would be informed about the attack on the convoy of Union Ministers Santosh Gangwar and Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti at Bargarh, he said, and alleged, “Instead of respecting the guests, workers of the ruling BJD perpetrated the violence.”
“The party would expose the misrule of Naveen Patnaik government in the last 16 years by undertaking a state-wide campaign,” Purohit said.
Stones were pelted at the cavalcade of the Union Ministers on Friday allegedly by BJD supporters including some MLAs who also carried black flags.