Union Health Minister J P Nadda and five others, including two Telangana BJP legislators, escaped unhurt when a lift in the party office in Hyderabad fell from the ground floor to the cellar.
Nadda and the five others boarded the lift in the ground floor to go to the fourth floor, but it suddenly came down with a loud noise, BJP MLC Ramachandra Rao, who was inside the elevator, told PTI.
Policemen and party activists brought them out safely and none sustained any injuries, he said.
The reason for the lift falling was not known immediately and that the matter would be looked into, Rao said.
- BJP to launch poll campaign in Telangana on October 26; Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh to address
- TRS disssolved assembly to avoid ‘Modi factor’ in 2019: J P Nadda
- Girl ‘denied’ treatment in Delhi govt hospital over Aadhaar; Union minister comes to rescue
- Prakash Javadekar appointed BJP’s poll in-charge in Rajasthan
- JP Nadda: Deliberating on Johnson & Johnson issue
- India will be free of leprosy this year, says JP Nadda
Nadda was in Hyderabad to attend an event organised in connection with new Telangana BJP President K Laxman assuming charge today.
Along with Nadda, Union Ministers Nirmala Sitharaman and Bandaru Dattatreya also attended a public meeting organised on the occasion.