The Trinamool Congress Wednesday protested against the decision to refer the sting operation issue to the Ethics Committee.
“This is unprecedented. This is a conspiracy hatched by the BJP and CPM… We are not questioning the decision of the Speaker, but our colleagues have already registered a very strong protest,” said the party’s national spokesperson Derek O’brien.
- Mamata’s Chicago event cancelled: BJP-RSS mounted pressure on the organisers, alleges TMC
- Parliament Monsoon Session 2018 Highlight: OBC bill passed in Rajya Sabha
- TMC to observe two-day ‘Black Day’ across West Bengal
- Furore over NRC: TMC MPs, MLAs detained, manhandled at Assam airport
- Assam NRC draft: BJP says West Bengal is next stop
- BJP using CBI to pressure TMC MPs to quit or face jail: Mamata
Drawing on its strategy during the Saradha scam, the TMC held a protest in Parliament against the Aadhaar Bill to corner the government. But it was left red-faced after two of its MPs — Sugata Bose and Dinesh Trivedi — did not turn up.
“All MPs, who are in Delhi, were expressly told to be present today for the protest. Two MPs did not turn up. Their absence has been noted and will be reported to the leader,” said O’Brien.