Three labourers were killed on Tuesday when a boiler burst at a unit at Sankrail Industrial Park in Howrah district, police said.
The labourers were taking coal in the boiler when suddenly it burst this afternoon, a police officer said, adding they were declared dead at a nearby hospital.
- Assam: Man objects to firecrackers at a wedding, beaten to death
- Plane crashes in Mumbai, five killed
- Bihar: Lightning kills 3 in Katihar district
- Labourer working at Nitin Gadkari’s farm killed in boiler explosion
- Haryana: 2 labourers killed in blast at power plant
- Maharashtra: Three dead, several injured after fire breaks out at Palghar chemical factory
Some other labourers, present at the site, were injured. However, the exact number is not known yet, the officer said.
The management of the unit and Industrial Park authorities were not available for comments.