A 75-year-old man was killed when a wall collapsed in a chawl on Tuesday morning in Mumbra Retibunder area, disaster management officials said.
The deceased identified as Ismail Jyotiba Kamble was buried after the wall of his house in a chawl came crashing down, Regional Disaster Management Cell chief Santosh Kadam said.
- Heavy rains kill at least 55 across six states
- Mumbai monsoon woes: Balcony collapses in heavy rain
- One dead, two injured in wall collapse at Thane
- West Bengal: Five killed in lightning strikes, one drowns; alert issued in districts
- Mumbai records season’s highest rainfall; claims 10 lives, disrupts traffic
- Three killed as season’s heaviest rain hits Mumbai
Kamble was residing in Room No 2 of Vishnu Namdeo Patil chawl.
Immediately after the incident, firemen from Mumbra along with the RDMC staff rushed to spot and extricated the body which was later sent for postmortem, the official said.
The city had witnessed heavy rainfall throughout Monday.