Lalu Yadav’s son Tejashwi Yadav was on Friday appointed Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar and was given charges of three portfolios in the new cabinet.
Lalu Prasad’s elder son Tej Pratap is the new health minister, official sources said. Tejashwi Yadav was allocated the portfolios of PWD, forest and environment.
- Tejashwi Yadav accuses Nitish Kumar of snooping: ‘CCTVs between CM and my residence’
- Upendra Kushwaha sends message to NDA: Won’t settle for less than three seats in Bihar
- Days after Amit Shah claimed ‘consensus’ on seat-sharing, Upendra Kushwaha signals all not well in NDA
- Lalu Prasad Yadav takes swipe at BJP and JD(U) over seat sharing arrangement
- ‘Rakshas Raj’ in Bihar, says Tejashwi Yadav at Congress function
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar behind rumours of rift within my family: Tejashwi Yadav
According to a statement issued by the Bihar government, Governor Ram Nath Kovind, acting on Nitish Kumar’s advice, had made Tejashwi Yadav the deputy chief minister.
Nitish Kumar has kept the home, information and public relation as well as general administration ministries with him.
RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui has got the finance portfolio while JD-U leader Vijayander Yadav has been given the energy department.
Senior JD-U leader Lalal Singh, known to be close to Nitish Kumar, has been given the water resources development portfolio.
Congress leader Ashok Choudhary is the new education minister.
Earlier in the day, Nitish Kumar took oath as the chief minister of Bihar for the fifth time at a grand swearing-in ceremony at Gandhi Maidan in Patna.
Besides Nitish, 12 members each from RJD and JD(U) and four from Congress were administered oath as ministers.