Lalu Yadav’s son Tejashwi Yadav was on Friday appointed Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar and was given charges of three portfolios in the new cabinet.
Lalu Prasad’s elder son Tej Pratap is the new health minister, official sources said. Tejashwi Yadav was allocated the portfolios of PWD, forest and environment.
- This is why Nitish Kumar won’t call Lalu Prasad Yadav to inquire about his health anymore
- RJD foundation day: Tejashwi puts up solidarity show with brother, slams media, Nitish
- BJP may dump Nitish, prepare for both Lok Sabha and state polls, Tejashwi tells RJD workers
- Congress MLAs favour return of Nitish Kumar to Grand Alliance; not interested, says JD(U)
- Tej Pratap Yadav says he wants a ‘no entry’ board for Nitish Kumar, JD(U) hits back
- Nitish Kumar calls Lalu Yadav to inquire about his health, Tejashwi says no place for him in RJD
According to a statement issued by the Bihar government, Governor Ram Nath Kovind, acting on Nitish Kumar’s advice, had made Tejashwi Yadav the deputy chief minister.
Nitish Kumar has kept the home, information and public relation as well as general administration ministries with him.
RJD leader Abdul Bari Siddiqui has got the finance portfolio while JD-U leader Vijayander Yadav has been given the energy department.
Senior JD-U leader Lalal Singh, known to be close to Nitish Kumar, has been given the water resources development portfolio.
Congress leader Ashok Choudhary is the new education minister.
Earlier in the day, Nitish Kumar took oath as the chief minister of Bihar for the fifth time at a grand swearing-in ceremony at Gandhi Maidan in Patna.
Besides Nitish, 12 members each from RJD and JD(U) and four from Congress were administered oath as ministers.