With high-tech entertainment units, wi-fi facility and integrated braille displays, the coaches of premier Tejas trains are being readied to give its passengers the feel of world class travel.
While the coaches of Tejas, meaning brilliance, will be of golden colour, those of Hamsafar, also to be rolled out this year, will be draped in vinyl sheets painted in the colours of earth and sky to convey the message of being the common man’s carrier.
“Design features of the coaches of Tejas, Hamsafar, Antodaya and Deen Dayalu have been finalised now. The production units have been instructed to manufacture and equip the coaches accordingly,” said a senior Railway Ministry official.
- Compound archery coach Jiwanjot Singh Teja resigns after Dronacharya snub
- Archery coach Jiwanjot Singh Teja to move court after name struck from Dronacharya Award list
- Tejas Express set to begin maiden journey tomorrow; Here are top features of the luxurious train
- Celebrity chefs to curate special menus for Mumbai-Goa train travellers from June
- Tejas coaches to have LCD screens, Sanjeev Kapoor to finalise menu
- Tejas Trains likely on Chandigarh-Delhi Route: Train journey between city, Delhi may be 30 mins shorter
Tejas coaches will have Executive Class and Chair Cars, while those of Hamsafar will 3-AC.
Besides the improved aesthetics, Tejas coaches will be equipped with 22 new features including entertainment screens for each passenger along with hand phone socket and LED boards for communicating safety instructions.
There will be water level indicators in bio-vacuum toilets, sensorised taps and hand driers. Tejas coaches will also have Wi-Fi facility, integrated braille displays, digital destination boards and electronic passenger reservation chart.
Since Tejas will be a new premier class train, attempts have been made to provide state-of-the-art facilities including tea and coffee vending machines, magazines and snack tables, the official said.
Both Tejas and Hamsafar will have CCTVs, and fire and smoke detection and suppression system.
Tejas and Hamsafar trains along with Antodaya Express and Deen Dayalu coaches are to be introduced in the current fiscal as part of the budget proposal.
Antodaya Express will be a fully unreserved train, while Deen Dayalu coaches will have improved facilities for general class passengers.