Police have detained two caddies of Lucknow Golf Club in connection with the rape and murder of a 17-year-old girl whose body was found in the vicinity of Chief Minister’s residence Monday. The girl, a student of Class XII, had gone missing soon after she had left home for her school on February 10.
Lucknow SSP Rajesh Kumar Pandey said the two caddies — Samuel and Nasir — were named by the two rickshaw-pullers, Satguru (50) and Deepu (23), whom the police had arrested Monday.
- Uttar Pradesh: Two class XII students dead, police suspect suicide
- Surat rape-murder case: Accused killed 11-year-old’s mother first, say Gujarat Police
- Surat rape-murder case: Three detained, police say girl’s mother also dead
- Unnao rape case: Don’t just detain, arrest BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar, Allahabad HC directs CBI
- Four-year-old girl found dead with hands missing in Thane
- Teen missing for 5 days found raped, killed near CM Akhilesh Yadav’s residence
The two claimed they learnt about the girl’s body lying in the thickets from Samuel and Nasir and only went there Thursday to collect anything they could find on her. The two stole the blazer and a mobile phone, both of which were recovered from Satguru’s wife in Barabanki district, the SSP said.
He said the four of them often assembled at secluded spots to consume heroin. “If Samuel and Nasir were aware of the girl’s body but did not inform the police, they come under suspicion.”