- How Race 3 is faring against the first week box office collection of last five Salman Khan movies
- Kerala High Court on breastfeeding woman on magazine cover: As the beauty lies in the beholder's eye, so does obscenity
- Here’s why you should binge-watch Damaged, India’s first show about a female serial killer
A 17-year-old girl, who repeatedly asked her parents to get a cell phone, allegedly committed suicide in her house in Kuniyamuthur in the city.
The girl, who had appeared at her plus two examinations, had repeatedly asked her father, who is working abroad, to get her a cellphone.
Her mother had reportedly promised to buy her one after the exams were over, police said.
- Class XII student livestreamed suicide on Facebook: Police
- Class XII student live streamed suicide on Facebook: Police
- Tamil Nadu: Another girl ends life over NEET failure
- 9 men, 2 minors from Pune held for molesting 17-year-old at Goa beach
- Day after son’s death, UP woman threatens suicide
- She wanted to become a police officer so she could curb molestation: Family of 17-year-old girl who committed suicide
Last evening, both the mother and the daughter entered into an argument, with the girl saying she should be given a cellphone now that the exams were over.
The mother then went out to buy some items and returned some time later to find the body of her daughter hanging in her room.
Police were informed and the body was recovered.