A 15-year-old girl from Diva here was allegedly gangraped by two brothers, police said on Saturday.
Police PRO Gajanan Kabdule told PTI that the victim a resident of Agasan had set out of her house to purchase some material for making ‘rakhis’ on April 20 evening when the incident occured.
- Mumbai: 16-yr-old pregnant, father held for rape
- Delhi: 79-year-old man arrested for raping minor
- Gujarat: 14-year-old girl repeatedly ‘raped’; accused, wife on run
- Two 12-year-olds gangraped in Pune suburb, one dies; juvenile among two held
- Vadodara: Two held for ‘gangrape’ of woman
- Minor girl gangraped in Delhi park
While she was walking along the lake near Mhatre Nagar, a close relative of one her friends came there and pulled her and dumped her in an autorickshaw and took her to a hut in the isolated Dativali railway station.
Accused Avinash Chandrakant Patil and brother Bhavesh Patil locked her in the hut from inside and raped her along with his brother, the police officer said.
The girl was held captive upto 11.30 pm in the night on that day. They also threatened her of dire consequences if she revealed the matter to anyone, police said.
Police have registered offences under sections 363, 366, 376 (G), 342 and 506 of the IPC and also sections 3, 4, 5(G) and 6 of the POCSO Act of 2012, police said.
The hunt is on for two brothers after the victim registered a complaint late last night, police added.