- Xiaomi Poco F1 launch Live Updates: Poco F1 with 6.18-inch notched display, Snapdragon 845 unveiled
- Kerala floods LIVE updates: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund has received Rs 210 cr so far, says Thomas Isaac
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal; Indian hockey team dominating Hong Kong
A total of 4800 villages in Gujarat have been declared as Open Defecation Free, stated Jayanti Ravi, Gujarat’s Principal Secretary, Sanitation, while apprising a central team Friday about the various steps been taken by the state under Swachh Bharat Mission.
A team headed by Parameswaran Iyer, secretary, Union ministry of Drinking and sanitation visited Gujarat to conduct a review about the progress made under the mission. He met chief secretary and principal secretary (sanitation) and discussed the progress made by the state towards achieving open defecation free (ODF) status, stated a government release here.
- Three lakh lives saved: What WHO said about Swachh Bharat Mission impact
- Cabinet nod for 13 Kendriya Vidyalayas, Rs 15,000 crore for Swachh Bharat plan
- Odisha sets target to achieve 100 per cent Open Defacation Free status by this year end
- Make sanitation top priority: PM Modi to Jammu-Kashmir government
- Gujarat Panchayat Minister gifts roses to villagers defecating in open
- Gujarat: 4,800 villages declared open defecation-free
The state has achieved a sanitation coverage of 73.75 per cent and 4800 villages in Gujarat have declared themselves as ODF, Ravi stated. An exhibition showcasing various innovative IEC (Information-Education Communication) or interpersonal tools was organised by the state on the occasion. The state also made a presentation highlighting the state strategy. It was decided that 20 virtual classrooms will be set up in the state to further support this purpose.
The secretary later met with Gujarat’s chief secretary GR Aloria and held a video conference with all District Development Officers of the state, where they expressed readiness to achieve the goals of the mission soon, the release added.