- Xiaomi Poco F1 launch Live Updates: Poco F1 with 6.18-inch notched display, Snapdragon 845 unveiled
- Kerala floods LIVE updates: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund has received Rs 210 cr so far, says Thomas Isaac
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal; Indian hockey team dominating Hong Kong
After targeting RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has now trained his guns on Chief Economic Adviser Arvind Subramanian and demanded his sacking.
“Who said to US Cong on 13/3/13 the US should act against India to defend US Pharmaceuticals interests? Arvind Subramanian MoF !! Sack him!!!,” he tweeted.
Swamy’s attack comes in the wake of reports of Arvind Subramanian being among the probable successors of Rajan as the country’s central bank chief.
- CEA Arvind Subramanian praises Raghuram Rajan for identifying NPA problem
- CEA Arvind Subramanian stepping down, says reasons personal
- Swamy’s remarks prove that govt’s economic policies are failure: Congress
- BJP distances itself from Swamy’s remarks against CEA Subramanian
- Twitterati’s hilarious take on Subramanian Swamy’s criticism of Arvind Subramanian
- FinMin responds to Swamy’s attack: ‘Knew of CEA Arvind Subramanian’s stance on IPR before hand’
“Guess who encouraged Congi to become rigid on GST clauses? Jaitley’s economic adviser Arvind Subramanian of Washington DC,” Swamy tweeted, saying he is “helping Jaitely to recognise the enemies in our camp”.
In a series of tweets attacking the chief economic adviser, who is an NRI, he said, “Now PTs (Patriotic Tweeples) can understand why our core economic sectors could not perform last two years. Trojan horses galore in MoF/Fin Institutions.”
“Was AS (Arvind Subramanian) deposing before US Cong Committee against India as a US citizen or Indian? Does any PT know?,” he asked.
Reacting to the attack, Congress leader Divijaya Singh said his target is not Arvind Subramanian but Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and asked whether Prime Minister Narendra Modi is handing over Finance Ministry to Swamy.
“Subramanian Swamy now guns for Arvind Subramanian Economic Advisor to NDA. Target is Arun Jaitley not Arvind Subramanian.”
“Is Modi handing over Finance Ministry to Subramanian Swamy?
“He has been claiming that PM has assured him as quid pro quo if he targeted Nehru Gandhi Family,” Singh said in a series of tweets.
Swamy had earlier launched a scathing attack on Rajan, who announced last week that he would return to academics after his current tenure as RBI Governor ends on September 4.
Swamy had attacked Rajan, saying he is ‘unfit’ for the job and is ‘mentally not fully Indian’.
Incidently, both Rajan and Arvind Subramanian have worked at the IMF.
While Rajan was a UPA appointee, Arvind Subramanian was appointed by the Narendra Modi government.