A sub-engineer posted with Madhya Pradesh Rural Engineering Department was nabbed by Lokayukta Police when he was allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 50,000 from a contractor.
“Pradeep Kumar Kole was caught when he was taking bribe of Rs 50,000 bribe from the contractor at the former’s rented house in Sitamau town in the district,” said Ujjain Lokayukta Inspector, Basant Shrivastava.
Kole had allegedly demanded Rs one lakh for clearing the bill of Rs 14 lakh of the complainant, but settled for Rs 50,000.
- Mumbai: CIDCO assistant planner booked for ‘accepting bribe’
- Thane: Kalyan Dombivali Municipal Corporation additional commissioner ‘caught accepting bribe from builder’
- Sub-Inspector arrested for taking Rs 20,000 bribe in Patna
- MSEDCL official arrested in graft case
- Mumbai: Four customs officials ‘seek Rs 50 lakh bribe’, held
- Mahim inspector held for taking ‘bribe’
“The contractor was constructing a road, worth Rs 51.22 lakh, under ‘Mukhya Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna’ and had completed the work of Rs 14 lakh for which he had submitted the bills for payment,” the inspector said.
A trap was laid and Kole was caught the moment he accepted the money and kept it on a bed sheet at his residence.
Lokayukta sleuths also seized the bed-sheet along with the money.
A case under relevant sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered against the engineer in this regard and further investigations are underway.