Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday greeted the nation ‘Eid Mubarak’.
Congratulating all, who have undertaken the purifying Ramadan fast, she said “Holy Prophet’s teachings of honesty, love, peace, compassion, equity and peaceful co-existence have immense value to strengthen our nation and enrich brotherhood.”
Eid-ul-Fitr is being celebrated with traditional fervour and gaiety in various parts of the country on Thursday.
The festival marks the culmination of the fasting holy month of Ramzan.
- Eid tomorrow, declares Jama Masjid Imam
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated on Saturday across India, today in Kerala
- Eid 2018 Moon Sighting: Know the time and date in India and world
- Eid ul-Fitr 2018 Date India: When is Eid al-Fitr in 2018?
- President, Vice President greet nation on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Muslims across India celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr with great enthusiasm
The faithfuls will offer Eid prayers in Eidgahs and mosques.
In Delhi, main Eid congregations are being held at the Jama Masjid, Fatehpuri Masjid and Shahi Eidgah.
In Kerala and Jammu and Kashmir, Eid was celebrated yesterday.
Ramzan, the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar is observed as a fasting period by the Muslims world over who abstain from food and water during the period between sunrise to sunset.