Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday expressed “deep shock and grief” over the demise of Assam state Congress chief Anjan Dutta.
Extending her condolences to his wife and daughters of Dutta, Gandhi said that in his death, not only the Assam state Congress, but the entire Congress party and the state had lost a leader committed to the people.
- Inside Track: One for All
- Karnataka govt formation: HD Kumaraswamy to take oath at 4.30 pm — Here is all you need to know about his Cabinet
- Congress gets Karnataka Dy CM, Speaker posts ahead of Kumaraswamy swearing-in
- Sonia Gandhi: Modi govt discriminating against Congress-ruled Karnataka, is this ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’?
- Karnataka elections: PM Modi’s comments on Mahadayi row to confuse voters, says Congress
- Karnataka elections: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi didn’t like when Kovind, a Dalit, became President, PM Modi alleges
Dutta passed away at the age of 64 at the AIIMS on Thursday morning. He was admitted to the hospital on May 25 and was undergoing treatment.