Six persons were killed and 56 others injured when a bus fell into a deep gorge in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir today, police said.
“A bus carrying 62 passengers, on its way to Rehand village in the district, suddenly fell of the cliff into a deep gorge, around 20 kilometers away from the Doda town” Deputy commissioner of Doda, Bhupinder Kumar said.
Indian Air force safely rescued 10 ppl after a bus travelling on Dhara-Doda road (J&K) had fallen down,earlier today pic.twitter.com/qU4xms9xwn
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 10, 2016
Three persons died on the spot, while three others died on the way to the hospital, he said.
- Two killed as bus falls into gorge in Mizoram
- Minibus falls into gorge on Jammu-Srinagar national highway, 20 dead
- 17 killed as mini-bus plunges into gorge in J&K
- J&K MBA graduate joins Hizbul Mujahideen, family urges him to return
- 8 dead,33 injured in two mishaps on J-K highway
- 20 killed,7 injured in road mishaps in J-K
Seven of the 56 injured are in a critical condition, the DC said adding, “We have requested the airforce to provide a helicopter and it is on its way, we will be shifting the seven critically injured to GMC (Government Medical College) Jammu for specialised treatment”.
“Right now the priority is to save precious human lives, the enquiry will be conducted to know the exact cause of the mishap,” he said.