- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Shooting Live scores Live streaming: Gold for Saurabh Chaudhury, bronze for Abhishek Verma in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Live updates Live streaming: Gold and bronze for India in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- It is work and play for Salman Khan on the sets of Bharat in Malta
Four militants and a soldier were killed Thursday as the Army foiled an infiltration bid in north Kashmir near the Line of Control (LoC). On Tuesday, Army had foiled a similar infiltration attempt in the neighbouring Machil sector. A militant and a soldier were killed and four soldiers sustained injuries in that incident.
A Defence spokesperson told The Indian Express that army patrols Thursday spotted a group of militants near the LoC in Tanghdar sector. In the gun battle that followed, four militants were gunned down, he said. “We killed four infiltrators and lost a soldier in the operation,’’ he said.
The spokesperson said the dead soldier has been identified as Havildar Prem Bahadur (37).
He added that the operation is still on and security personnel were checking if more infiltrators are present in the area.
- J&K: Major among four Army men killed in LoC gunbattle
- J&K: Army foils infiltration bid in Gurez; major, three jawans killed
- Six militants killed as Army foils infiltration attempt in J&K
- J-K: Two soldiers injured as security forces foil infiltration bid in Keran sector in Kupwara
- J&K: Security forces foil infiltration bid, kill three militants in Machhil sector
- J&K: 4 militants killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara
Army officials said that jawans from 55 Rashtriya Rifles initially engaged the militants. Later, the Army’s elite Para commandos were sent to the spot.
The spokesperson further said that the soldier killed in the Machil encounter was signalman Ajay Singh Choudhary. “The 24 year-old-soldier from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan,” he said.