Even as India hockey team skipper Sardar Singh denied allegations of sexual harassment levelled against him, the complainant Sunday said she had proof to back her claims.
Speaking to The Indian Express over phone from the UK, the 21-year-old complainant said, “I have read and heard all what he is saying to the media. How can he deny that we never lived together? I would like to remind him that I am not illiterate. I have all the proofs, including that of my abortion last year. Even his teammates are well aware of our relationship,” she said.
“I am a well-settled professional in the UK. I have no interest in Sardar’s money or fame that he enjoys in India. I am here to get justice and if police fails to lodge an FIR on my complaint, I will move the court,” she said.
She added that she will move to India once the FIR is filed.
“The proofs I have are enough to register an FIR on charges of rape and fraud against him. It is an extremely bold step on behalf of a 21-year old woman like me to fly down to India alone and submit complaint against a man who is a celebrity. I have done this because I have proof. Sardar can lie to all but not himself,” she said to The Indian Express.
Meanwhile, the special investigation team (SIT) headed by ADCP-4 Satvir Singh Atwal began investigation into the charges Sunday. The complainant has been summoned Monday to record a detailed statement. “Sardar will be summoned complainant’s statement,” said Atwal.