KULDEEP GADOLI, brother of gangster Sandeep Gadoli who was allegedly killed in a fake encounter by the Gurgaon police, has claimed he was threatened by three men Monday and asked not to pursue the case against the accused personnel. Kuldeep’s lawyer has now written to the Mumbai police and the Gurgaon police, asking for ‘24-hour armed police protection’ for the family.
“On Monday, I had gone to check on Sandeep’s body, which has been lying in the morgue at the JJ hospital. Around 11.30 am, as I was returning, three persons stopped me and told me to drop the case against the Gurgaon police team. They threatened me that if I did not stop pursuing the matter, my elder brother Bhram Prakash and I would meet the same fate as Sandeep,” Kuldeep said.
His lawyer Tanveer Nizam has stated in his application, “In the light of these events, it is very important that the petitioner Kuldeep Singh, Bhram Prakash and their families be given 24-hour armed police protection forthwith.”
- Gangster Sandeep Gadoli’s brother held for ‘killing rival’
- Sandeep Gadoli ‘fake encounter’ case: Court tells Mumbai Police not to arrest 5 Gurgaon cops
- Gadoli encounter: Mumbai court to hear plea for warrant to arrest 5 Gurgaon cops
- Sandeep Gadoli encounter: Mumbai SIT names brother of Gadoli’s rival gangster in FIR
- Gangster Sandeep Gadoli ‘encounter’: Mumbai police seek warrants against 8 Gurgaon cops
- Haryana gangster encounter: Register FIR against Gurgaon cops, says Bombay HC
Sandeep Gadoli had allegedly been shot dead by a team of five Gurgaon police officers at a hotel room in Andheri on February 7.
Kuldeep has been following up on the case and asked for an enquiry by a judicial magistrate before the Supreme Court. The family has so far not collected Sandeep’s body, claiming that ‘justice has not been served’ in the matter.
Kuldeep, who had been in Mumbai since the FIR was registered on May 27, left for Gurgaon on Monday. Some officers of the SIT, too, are camping in Gurgaon to arrest the eight accused, which include Divya Pahuja, who was present in Gadoli’s room when the encounter took place.