- Oppo F9 Pro launch in India highlights: Oppo F9 priced at Rs 19,990; Oppo F9 Pro at Rs 23,990
- Kerala floods LIVE: All affected tracks restored, says Indian Railway; normal rail traffic to begin from today
- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: 100-run stand for Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes makes India toil
In a tragic incident, a 21-year woman committed suicide in Salem, Tamil Nadu after facing continuous harassment on a social media website and the lack of police action in the matter.
Vinupriya, a B.Sc student began facing harassment on Facebook after she was tagged in a picture which was obscenely morphed.
Her father filed a complaint with the Magudanchavadi police station ten days ago regarding the violation.
The family claims that the police did not take any steps despite several complaints, nor did they begin procedure on blocking or removing the morphed photo.
- 2 PCR calls went out from airhostess home last month
- Minor girl commits suicide over sexual harassment in Uttar Pradesh
- Woman IAS officer posts on Facebook: ‘Senior threatened me’
- Mumbai: Woman says she’s being spied upon with her phone, computer
- Tamil Nadu suicide case: Police arrest man who uploaded morphed photo of woman on Facebook
- Tamil Nadu: Woman ends life over morphed photo on Facebook
With the picture still being online and seeing no hope, Vinupriya hanged herself to death in her house when she was alone.
Her body was sent to the Salem General Hospital for post mortem and results are awaited.
After the victim’s family protested in front of the GH against the police, the cops kicked into action and filed a case beginning investigation into the matter.