Pro-Hindutva leader Sadhvi Prachi Wednesday announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh to any person “who will behead” Islamic preacher and televangelist Zakir Naik. Prachi made the announcement while speaking to mediapersons at Roorkee in Uttarakhand.
“I have announced the reward because Zakir Naik is not a religious preacher, but a terrorist,” Prachi later told The Indian Express.
A former Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader, Prachi however, clarified that she has made the announcement in her personal capacity and it was not to be associated with the outfit.
- No decision yet on Zakir Naik’s extradition, matter may end up in court: Malaysia minister
- Zakir Naik meets PM Mahathir Mohamad after Malaysia refuses to deport preacher
- ‘Always cross-check information with others’: Zakir Naik slams Indian media for spreading ‘fake’ news
- Fiery speeches to fatwas: Here’s the worst of right-wing diatribe
- Dayashankar Singh compares Mayawati to prostitute: Comments by UP leaders embarrassed BJP
- Zakir Naik a messenger of peace. BJP relating Islam to terrorism: Digvijaya Singh
She said that the government should probe the terror links of all “such preachers working in madrasas” across the country.
Prachi also claimed that soon after her announcement, she received an anonymous call, probably originating from some other country, issuing threats. “The caller introduced himself as Shahid and threatened to kidnap me,” Prachi said, adding that she will lodge a complaint with the police Thursday morning.
The announcement comes a day after a Shia group, identifying itself as Hussaini Tigers, offered Rs 15 lakh bounty on Naik’s head.
“He (Naik) is a ‘khalnayak’. He has insulted the Prophet and whosoever kills him would be rewarded not only in life…but would also get cash reward from us,” the outfit’s chief, Syed Kalbe Hussain Naqvi, had said in a Facebook post.