Expressing surprise over the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) hosting grand Iftar parties, the Shiv Sena asserted that the right wing organisation was getting confused regarding their ideologies on the formation of a Hindu nation.
“This is very surprising because the RSS have always spoken about the formation of a Hindu nation and such Iftar parties when they are organised by Congress or other parties, they have always condemned it and now it is the RSS who are organising such parties,” Shiv Sena leader Manisha Kayande told ANI in Mumbai.
Asserting that somewhere this seemed to be ‘appeasement’ of Muslims which they were condemning till now, Kayande added that the RSS have completely deviated from their original thinking.
- ‘A battle between Hindutva and Hinduism is coming’
- Shashi Tharoor promoting RSS agenda using Congress platform: Shiv Sena
- Those hosting Iftar parties are ‘vote ke bikhari’, says Telangana BJP MLA
- No Iftar party at Rashtrapati Bhavan this year
- ‘No such event can be hosted’: RSS on Muslim wing’s request for Iftar party at its Nagpur office
- Rashtriya Muslim Manch withdraws Iftar invitation to Pak High Commissioner
“On one hand they talk about ghar vapasi and on the other, they are organising Iftar. So this clearly indicates that RSS is in a confused state of mind,” she said.
Her comments came after the Muslim Rashtriya Manch (MRM), invited ambassadors from nearly 140 countries earlier this week to attend an international Roza Iftar party at the Parliament House Annexe on July 2.