A sum of Rs two crore was on Wednesday seized from the residence and other premises of a DMK candidate and his son at Karur, a senior electoral officer said.
Income Tax authorities recovered the cash from the residence and other premises of Aravakurichi DMK candidate KC Palanichamy and his son KCP Shivaraman at Karur, the officer said.
- ED gets sensitive info in searches at premises of journalist, aides
- Hundreds of designer bags, jewellery, cash seized in Malaysia from ex-PM
- The crores EC seized before postponing polls to 2 Tamil Nadu seats
- DMK blames EC, AIADMK’s malpractices for defeat
- CBI raids: SUV of M K Stalin’s son still missing
- Former DMK minister raided
IT authorities had carried out the ‘raids’ on receiving information and a probe was on to ascertain the nature of the money seized, the officer said.
IT and electoral officials have been conducting searches at many places in the state to check inflow of illegal money.