A CRPF commando was killed on Sunday and two others were injured in an IED blast carried out by Naxals in the jungles of Aurangabad district of Bihar.
A CRPF commando was on Sunday killed and his two other colleagues were injured in an IED blast carried out by Maoists in the jungles of Aurangabd district, police said.
The Maoists triggered the blast near Bandhu Bigaha village when three commandos of CRPF’s elite 205th Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA) unit were riding on two bikes on way to their camp from Bali Pahari locality, Deputy Superintendent of Police P N Sahu said.
CRPF personnel were engaged in an encounter with the ultras since last night in Bali Pahari.
- Day after Jharkhand attack: Maoist killed, another injured in encounter
- Jharkhand: CRPF personnel, ASI killed in Maoist encounter
- Jharkhand: CoBRA commando, policeman killed in encounter with Naxals
- Bihar ambush: Ten CRPF commandos killed in Naxal IED blast, probe ordered
- Bihar Naxal blast: Rajnath Singh speaks to Nitish Kumar after 10 CRPF commandos killed
- Ten CRPF commandos killed in Naxal IED blast in Bihar
The blast occurred around noon, officials said.
One commando was killed on the spot while his two other colleagues sustained injuries, Sahu said.
“The body has been sent for post-mortem at a government hospital, while the two injured have been rushed to the Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital (in Gaya),” Sahu said.
The martyred commando has been identified as A Deka while the injured are A K Yadav and K Kakoti.