Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav celebrated his 69th birthday at his home in Patna in Bihar.
He celebrated the special occassion with his family members, including his wife and daughter. He cut a cake after which his wife, Rabri Devi, presented him with a bouquet. Bihar CM Nitish Kumar was also present at his house.
Ahead of the Assembly election of November 2015, Nitish Kumar hitched his JD(U) to Lalu Prasad’s RJD, with the Congress the third wheel and the Mahagathbandhan or grand alliance was formed.
- On Lalu Prasad Yadav’s 70th birthday: Tracing his journey from being Bihar CM to fodder scam convict
- Out on bail, Lalu Yadav arrives in Mumbai for heart treatment
- Tej Pratap-Aishwarya Rai wedding: Tejashwi Yadav shakes a leg; unruly crowd loot crockery
- Sushil Modi says Lalu Prasad gave undue ‘favours’ to Tatas in exchange for property
- Tej Pratap Yadav, Aishwarya Rai get engaged in Patna
- Here are the four fodder scam cases in which RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav has been convicted
Nitish-Lalu Mahagathbandhan in Bihar remains one of the most watched political experiments in the country. In the face of a powerful and ascendant BJP, it has sparked possibilities in the opposition camp of a unity made up of strange alliances in other states and at the national level.
Within the Mahagathbandhan, RJD chief Lalu Prasad is the more keenly tracked partner, and his son, Tejashwi is a first time MLA and deputy chief minister in the Nitish government.