Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said that he was ready to sacrifice his government in state to protect the rights of the Punjab over SYL issue.
Reacting to media reports regarding central government’s stand against the state government in Supreme Court over SYL issue, Deputy CM said, “I don’t’ care about my government in the state. We are ready to make any sacrifice for the state. We will not allow a single drop of water to go outside Punjab,” Said Sukhbir. “The Canal has been buried and no SYL canal exist now. How water can flow into it?”
- Punjab Assembly session: SAD-BJP force adjournment, AAP, LIP stage walkout
- Won’t give a drop of water, says Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Punjab won’t spare a drop of water for other states: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Baisakhi mela conferences: 2017 on mind, Punjab parties trade barbs over SYL issue
- At Doaba, Badals take on Arvind Kejriwal
- Ready for any sacrifice to protect waters of Punjab: Sukhbir Singh Badal
Interacting with the media persons at the inauguration of Urban Haat in Amritsar on Friday, Badal said that in the near future, special emphasis would be laid on development of heritage hotel, Bus Rapid Transport System, Solid Waste Management system and electric parking. He said that the urban haat and Gobindgarh fort would be developed as a tourist centers.
Urban haat has been developed by Punjab Urban development Authority (PUDA) in league with Indian National Trust for Art & Cultural Heritage (INTACH) with the primary purpose of preserving cultural, artistic and culinary traditions of Punjab. He claimed that his recent China visit had been very fruitful.