Yoga guru Ramdev and his associate Balakrishna Sunday met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in Lucknow and expressed interest in investing in the state’s Bundelkhand region.
During the meeting, which took place at the CM’s official residence, Ramdev expressed his desire to set up a food processing plant in Bundelkhand along the lines of that in Uttarakhand. Sources said Ramdev will purchase the land and sought cooperation from the state government in executing other modalities required for the setting up of the plant.
- UP bungalow row: Mulayam Singh, Akhilesh Yadav withdraw plea from Supreme Court
- From Baba Ramdev to Jaggi Vasudev, BSF’s yoga quest changes direction
- Ramdev says he is on ‘friendly terms’ with this Opposition leader. Guess who?
- Yogi Adityanath speaks to Patanjali; food park won’t be stalled, says UP minister
- Baba Ramdev’s stalled mega food park in Noida was to be Patanjali’s biggest in north India
- Akhilesh Yadav goes cycling in Lucknow, plays cricket
The government’s official spokesperson said Ramdev sought cooperation with the development of a herbal park on the land that belongs to UP Irrigation Department in Haridwar and suggested that herbs like aloe vera, gooseberry, and vegetables like peas, tomato along with wheat and several varieties of fruits could be cultivated in areas around the check dams in Bundelkhand region.
Ramdev said villagers in Bundelkhand will benefit from the plant and will be given training in Haridwar for better yield of crops. Irrigation Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav, political pension minister Rajendra Chaudhary, Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan and Principal Secretary for Irrigation Deepak Singhal also attended the meeting.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
While Ramdev invited the CM to visit his factory, the latter directed Ranjan and Singhal to frame a detailed policy to facilitate investors for Bundelkhand.