Yoga exponent Ramdev will hold a mass session with over 3,000 BSF jawans and officers to mark the International Yoga Day (IYD) on June 21 in Jodhpur.
Officials said Ramdev will hold an early morning yoga session in the border town at a Border Security Force camp where over 3,000 troops of the paramilitary force and others will participate.
Jodhpur has a large contingent of the border guarding force deployed to secure the Indo-Pak international boundary running along Rajasthan.
- From Baba Ramdev to Jaggi Vasudev, BSF’s yoga quest changes direction
- International Yoga Day: Sportstars talk about importance of exercise on Yoga Day
- SCO headquarters in Beijing holds first Yoga Day event
- International Yoga Day 2017: Lakhs stretch and twist, PM Modi extols yoga connect; all that has happened today
- CAPF troops undertake yoga at borders, Naxal-hit areas
- Government to institute ‘Yoga medals’ for paramilitary troops
The event is part of the overall programme prepared by the government to celebrate the IYD which will be led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Chandigarh on the same day.
Close to 30,000 troops from various central paramilitary forces like BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP and SSB will take part in these events across the country to mark the day.
While about 2,000 Indo-Tibetan Border Police personnel will join the event in Chandigarh, men and women of the force which guards the Sino-India border will also display their yoga skills at the high-altitude Pangong lake in Ladakh.
The paramilitary personnel will also perform yoga exercises in cities like in Srinagar, Jammu, Shimla, Lucknow, Patna, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Shillong, Gangtok, Agartala, Imphal, Kohima, Itanagar, Aizawl.
Similar activities will also be undertaken in Dehradun, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Trivandrum, Chennai, Bengaluru, Raipur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar and Ranchi, by the personnel to make the event successful.
In Delhi, the event will be led by the Central Industrial Security Force at the Central park in Connaught Place.